Am I depressed? How can I feel less stressed? Why am I so anxious?
It offers practical advice, interactive tools, videos and audio guides to help you feel mentally and emotionally better.
Tips and advice to boost mental health
- 10 stress busters
- How to feel happier
- Dealing with panic attacks
- How to fight fears and anxiety
- How to control your anger
Not sure how you’re feeling? Try this mood assessment quiz.
Self-help and treatments
If you’re considering trying self-help techniques or seeking treatment for mental health problems, these can help you weigh up your options:
- Mindfulness: is it for you?
- A simple breathing technique for stress
- Moodzone mental wellbeing audio guides
- Mental health helplines
- Talking therapies explained
- Can you get free therapy or counselling on the NHS?
Other people’s stories
If you’re feeling sad, anxious, angry or stressed, remember you’re not alone.
Read real-life stories from other people who have felt the same way, and see how they found help.
- How running helped Liz to beat depression
- Arvind talks about how he learned to control stress
- Discover how Claire beat agrophobia
Do you need urgent mental health help now?
See your GP if:
- you’ve been feeling depressed for more than a few weeks
- your anxiety is affecting your daily life
If you want to talk to someone right away, the mental health helpline page has a list of organisations you can call for immediate help.
The Samaritans helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for people who want to talk in confidence. Call 116 123 (free).