Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know – we may be able to help you. We keep a register of carers at the practice. For more information about how we may be able to help you in your caring role please see our information leaflet.
Information for carers
There is a wealth of information on the NHS Choices website about carers’ rights and caring. The website contains useful information on accessing support, benefits, taking a break etc.
Contact Carers Direct
- You can call the Carers Direct helpline on 0300 123 1053 if you need help with your caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to you.
- Office Hours: Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.If you are busy at certain times of day, you can send the Carers Direct helpline a message and ask for an adviser to call you back for free at a time that is convenient to you.
- Website: http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
- Email: [email protected]
Carers support groups
Derbyshire Carers Association also offers a wide range of help, support and services for carers.
- Benefits for carers
Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care for
Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone’s legal affairs
Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Other benefits
Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
- Personal and household finance
Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax credits
Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible